Prevention and education are the best treatments we can offer. We believe the best dentistry starts at home!
At whole dental wellness, our entire team is highly trained and experienced working with children of all ages. Our goal is to make each and every visit to our office educational and fun for you and your child. Developing good dental hygiene habits from the first tooth will help your child grow healthy teeth, which is essential so they learn to chew properly, speak clearly, and make space for the permanent teeth to come in at the right time in the correct position.
Get a Free Consultation
Infant / Toddler First Time Visit
At Whole Dental Wellness, we believe in starting a lifetime of dental health from the time your child’s first tooth comes in. At the appointment, we will:
- Review your baby’s medical history and address any concerns you have
- Examine your child’s mouth for any signs of decay or other problems
- Take any necessary x-rays. Rest assured, our advanced x-ray technology is the best on the market so their exposure to radiation will be minimal and at extremely safe levels
- Clean your child’s teeth (if any are present)
- Conduct a thorough clinical examination of your child’s mouth, palate, gums, tongue, teeth, and airway
- Educate them (and you) about good food and drink choices and how to brush and floss their teeth. Recommend safe, age appropriate oral hygiene products for your child
- Establish a regular check-up interval with your child – just like you have with you pediatrician
After every examination, we will make sure to discuss with you all the essential information about your child’s dental health, including your child’s:
- Risk for decay
- Soft tissue and gum health
- Current bite and projected dental and skeletal growth
- Current level of oral health and discuss with you how it relates to his or her overall health – including suggestions about nutrition
Whole Dental Wellness believes in education and prevention starting at a young age, to create healthy living habits.
Tips for parents – how to prepare your child for their first visit to our office
Don’t worry. Our Whole Dental Wellness team members are pros at explaining everything in an age appropriate manner so your child will learn while having fun. We can’t wait to welcome you and your family into our whole dental family!
- Young children haven’t yet developed a realistic sense of time. We recommend you wait until the day of your appointment to tell your child about their first dental visit. You can get them excited about the adventure, explaining to them that you’re going to visit a tooth doctor who will count their teeth and teach them how to take care of their teeth at home.
- Creating a positive, non-threatening picture of the visit is key. Try to focus on the adventure of visiting a new place, meeting new people and being the center of attention
- Do not use words like ‘drill,’ ‘hurt,’ ‘blood,’ ‘shot,’ or ‘needle’ – they elicit a feeling of fear at any age and will only create anxiety
- If your child has a favorite toy or a blanket that they rely on when they are anxious, please bring it. We will work with anything you bring in to ensure your child has fun during their time with us.
Your child will enjoy healthy dental habits when they use these Motivational Charts. Encourage regular brushing or help them break the thumbsucking habit.
Color Brushing Chart
B&W Brushing Chart
Contact our office today to request an appointment or click below to book online. A team member will reach out to confirm your appointment.
21055 12 Mile Road, Roseville MI 48066