How do I clean my dentures?
Just like natural teeth, your dentures require care. We recommend you brush your dentures daily to remove food debris and plaque. Keeping your dentures clean will also help prevent the acrylic teeth from staining. If you have any questions or concerns about your dentures, or if they stop fitting well or become damaged, please call us so we can address your concerns. In addition, we will work with you to set up regular dental checkups to evaluate your oral health and ensure your dentures in Roseville continue to fit properly.
We recommend the following steps to ensure you maintain a healthy mouth:
- Rinse your dentures with water before brushing to remove any loose food or debris.
- Use a soft bristle toothbrush and a non-abrasive cleanser (not regular toothpaste!) to gently brush all the surfaces of the dentures. (Most toothpaste are too abrasive and will accelerate wear of your dentures.)
- Even though you don’t have teeth, your gums still need TLC. Using a brush, clean your gums, cheeks, roof of your mouth and tongue to remove any plaque. Keeping your mouth clean reduces the risk of gum irritation and bad breath.
- When you’re not wearing your dentures (at least 8 hours a day), put them in a safe place soaked in water to keep them from warping.
- Occasionally, denture wearers like to use adhesives for a tighter fit. If you feel like you need adhesive to keep your dentures in, likely there is another issue going on. Our dentists will work with you to determine if we can improve the fit and comfort of your denture.